I’m taking a brief break from my Explain Your Pain series, because I needed some lighter content for today! Today is one of those days when the bad seems to outweigh the good ten to one, and I need to remind myself this is not really the case. There ARE good things happening in the world and in my life.
- I discovered free library e-books this week! It’s an awesome program through our local library where I can get e-books right to my ipad just like you check books out of the library. You have to put books on hold and can check them out for three weeks at a time.They have a huge selection, including all the books I have wanted to read but didn’t want to buy. I have been reading Gone Girl over the past few days, and my holding list has a bunch of good ones waiting for me: The Martian, Circling the Sun (so excited for this one, but the wait time is 113 days!), Sharp Objects, and Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking.I highly recommend checking to see if your local library has a program like this.
- Good thing number two is that I used a grocery delivery service for the first time today. The groceries come from our local grocery store, and the price is the same as normal but includes a 10$ delivery fee. However, there are ways to get discounts, so if it is planned right you have groceries delivered right to your door for only 4$ extra…which may be close to the price of gas to get to the grocery store! Super excited to use this over the next few busy weeks.
- I bought a Quell! It should ship out on Monday and get to me by the end of next week. Trying not to get my hopes up too much, but I’ve read a few promising reviews and even a small study that found 81% of participants reported relief following a 60 day trial using Quell. You can read the whole clinical study by clicking the blue bottom that says “read full article” at the bottom of this page.
- Next week I have a really light work week due to a meeting being cancelled and a few people less than normal scheduling appointments. This is perfect timing, as I am still trying to come out of a small flare from about two weeks ago, and really need some rest time. Also, next week is my birthday! So, hopefully I can save up enough spoons to go out to eat at one of our favorite spots.
- And perhaps the most exciting thing of all is that The Book has reached its next stage of development. I have declared it good enough to be read people other than myself. My husband read the first chapter and declared it readable, and in the next few weeks I hope to ask someone I know to take a look at the whole thing and give me some feedback on content, structure, etc… all the big picture stuff that I want to get right before I really focus in on the grammar, punctuation, and sentence-by-sentence clarity. Hurray!!!!
What good things are happening in your life?