Honestly, this recipe is so good, I think it can appropriately be called THE BEST.
I have made this homemade frappuccino recipe no less than four times in the past few days because it is so easy, so delicious, and for the most part, quite healthy.
This recipe is perfect for those of us with chronic pain and illness because it takes less than 5 minutes to make, uses healthy ingredients, and takes far less of our precious energy than driving to Starbucks for the real thing.
Only 5 minutes. I promise. I actually timed myself from the time I walked into the kitchen to the time I walked out. The five minutes included taking all the ingredients out, making the frappuccino, and putting everything away. It even included the time it took me to snap a few pictures. I think I could even manage to make this recipe on a flare day if I was so inclined to use up a few spoons in this manner.
Ok, time for the recipe.
The five minutes does not include the time it takes to make and freeze coffee in ice cube trays. So, you will need to do this the day before or a few hours before you plan on making the frappuccino.
5 coffee cubes
1 cup coconut milk
1-2 T honey
1 ½ T dark cocoa powder
1/4 t vanilla extract or small dab of vanilla paste (Optional)
1. Brew your favorite kind of coffee and freeze in an ice cube tray.
2. Add 5 coffee cubes and 1 cup of coconut milk to blender container. Soy milk, regular milk, or almond milk could easily substitute for the coconut milk.
3. Add 1 1/2 T of dark cocoa powder and 1-2 T of honey to taste. You can also add vanilla, but it is not necessary. I prefer to put in about 1 T of honey, or maybe just a little bit less, and the resulting drink comes out semi-sweet to bitter sweet. Add an extra T of honey if you tend to like your drinks fairly sweet. You could also use chocolate syrup in place of the cocoa powder, but because that would add quite a bit of sweetness, you would also need to adjust the amount of honey.
4. Blend all ingredients together. Be careful to let everything settle and pulse a few times to make sure the ice cubes are broken up all the way. I use this blender that I bought from Amazon for just under $15. (No affiliation, I just like it! 🙂 )
5. Taste and adjust ingredients to your liking. Add more honey if you want it sweeter or more cocoa powder if you want it more chocolately. Tweak ingredients until it fits your tastes.
I hope you like it as much as I do! I will be making these all summer long.